Saturday, December 28, 2013

Tempting Clam Dip


This is a recipe that I grew up with. My mom made it on Christmas Eve every year, and I carry that tradition on to this day. Caitlin especially looks forward to it. I have to say, my mouth was watering thinking of making it days ago. It’s very easy and delicious. I hope you enjoy it too.






First, rub the inside of a mixing bowl with a cut clove of garlic. Place the softened cream cheese in the mixing bowl and beat it with a mixer until smooth.











Grate the onion on the small holed side of the grater. It takes a little time to get 2 tsp of onion by grating it, but consider it a lesson in patience. Don’t use the juice that results; it’ll make the dip soupy and loose.








Drain the can of baby clams, reserving the juice. You’ll have more than enough clam juice for the dip; I threw the rest into the pot of Oyster Stew I was making. You can also pour it into a sandwich bag and freeze (place the sandwich bag upright in a small bowl; when frozen just take the bag out of the bowl).








Now add the grated onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, clam juice, and pepper. You can add salt if you’d like; I think it’s great without the added salt.












Add the whole baby clams and mix in with a wooden spoon. Don’t use the mixer for this as it will decimate those clams! You can use chopped clams if you’d like, using 2 cans, the 7 oz. ones. We really like the whole clams in it.

Place into a serving bowl and unleash the potato chips! Enjoy ~TMMF




Tempting Clam Dip

8 oz softened cream cheese
¼ of a Vidalia onion
     (enough to make 2 tsp grated)
2 tsp lemon juice
1 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ c clam juice (from the can of clams)
dash black pepper
1 10 oz can whole baby clams

No comments:

Post a Comment