Thursday, February 20, 2014

Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip


This recipe is one of those that had floated around on Facebook last year and I wanted to try it because I love Mexican foods and this had all the right ingredients. It also looked super easy (which it was) and quick. While it looked really awful on the plate, it tasted good and the kids loved it. ;)

The only other thing I’d say about it is that it could have used a little more heat. Usually when I make a recipe, if I’m not satisfied that it’s perfect the way it is, I make it again and again, adding this or taking away that, until I feel it’s ready to post. With this one, I felt that all I needed to do was mention it needing a bit more heat. This dish is one you might like to take to a casual gathering, or just make one night for family game night at home.

So, let’s get cooking!

First, cream together the softened cream cheese and sour cream.



Add in the refried beans and the taco seasoning mix and stir well to blend thoroughly.



Shred both the sharp cheddar cheese and the Monterey Jack cheese. I prefer to use extra sharp cheddar cheese myself; I *love* that sharp tang!



Spread the bean mixture in a greased (with cooking spray) 9 X 13” baking dish and layer on top the two cheeses.



Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Enjoy! ~TMMF




Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip

1 8 oz package cream cheese,
   softened
1 c sour cream
2 cans refried beans
1 packet taco seasoning mix
2 c sharp cheddar cheese
2 c Monterey Jack cheese
tortilla chips to serve with



No comments:

Post a Comment