Thursday, July 11, 2013

Rosemary Potatoes








Rosemary Potatoes are another childhood favorite of mine that my mom often made at home. I’m not sure if other children would have turned up their noses at this fragrant side dish, but my siblings and I loved it. I hope your family will too!




Scrub the potatoes well if you’re leaving the peels on them. You can peel them if you’d like; I can’t, therefore I leave them on for extra nutrition and fiber, as well as saving time. Slice them into wedges (cut in half, then each half into sixths or so) and rinse well to remove the excess starch.




Melt the butter in a small bowl using the microwave. Add the oil to it and mix.





Place the drained potato wedges in a large bowl. Drizzle the butter/oil mixture on the wedges and mix well to coat. It may solidify, but that’s okay. Sprinkle on the salt and pepper. Add the rosemary leaves, rubbing through your hands before releasing them into the bowl, and mix.




Spread on a sheet pan evenly and bake in a preheated 400° oven for 30-45 minutes, until toasty browned. You can turn them in between if you’d like, but I never do and they come out just fine. These go very well with a chicken meal, and they’re so easy. Enjoy! ~TMMF





Rosemary Potatoes

4-5 large potatoes, any kind
2 Tbl butter
1 Tbl oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1-2 Tbl dried whole rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment