Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pizza Part Sieben: Steak Arrabbiata


Steak Arrabbiata Pizza is one of those heavenly good gourmet pizzas you don’t forget. I only know of one place that makes them, Ronzio’s, in the New England area, and from the first bite, I was hooked. Here is the recipe I came up with, based on what I know Ronzio’s puts on theirs. Believe me when I say this is just as good as theirs! And being that 2 large Steak Arrabbiata pizzas from Ronzio’s costs $28.60, and I can make 2 at home for $11.37, that’s a big incentive.

So, let’s get cooking!

First, start sautéing your Steak-Umms in a sauté pan with a little butter, oil, or just some cooking spray. For this I used a different brand that I had picked up at Sam’s Club, so they won’t look the same. If you need to use Steak-Umms, just use a griddle. When done, set aside to cool.



While that is cooking, start your sauce. Ronzio’s uses a very peppery cheese sauce. First, you’ll need to make your roux by melting the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then adding the flour and stirring with a whisk, until bubbly.



Slowly add the milk, stirring with the whisk and making sure to scrape the edges with a rubber spatula to get it all blended. Stir over medium heat until thickened. Add the parmesan cheese and the salt and pepper, cooking for about 3-4 minutes more. Set aside.



Slice the Roma tomatoes. I like to use my serrated bread knife, which is very sharp and works great on slicing veggies to whatever thickness level I need.



Spread the pizza dough (either store bought or homemade pizza dough) in a greased sheet pan. Using a spoon, spread the peppery cheese sauce over the pizza dough. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sauce on the pizza.



Take the Roma tomato slices and lay them over the cheese on the pizza, randomly. Layer the banana pepper rings about on top of the Roma tomatoes in the same manner.



Using your fingers, separate and distribute the Steak-Umms steak evenly on the pizza.



Bake in a 425° oven for 18 minutes, until nicely browned on the bottom, and the cheese is melted and bubbly on the top. Enjoy! ~TMMF


Steak Arrabbiata Pizza

1 pizza dough
1 ½ Tbl butter
2 Tbl. Flour
1 c milk
¼ c parmesan cheese
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1-2 Roma tomatoes
¾ c banana pepper rings
5 sheets Steak-ums
2 c mozzarella

No comments:

Post a Comment