Monday, March 17, 2014

Almond Joy Brownie Bites



Chocolate and coconut…bring it on! This is an easy recipe I found online and of course the kids wanted me to make it. Megan and Timothy helped with it, especially afterwards when tasters were needed! ;) We actually made these twice, Caitlin helping the 2nd time, because I sort of played with the recipe a little, as I am sometimes wont to do, and instead of melting the chocolate chips and drizzling that onto the bites at the end, I thought I’d just sprinkle the chips on top for the baking process. They were yummy, but Caity suggested using mini chocolate chips instead, which did turn out to be better.



First, mix together the brownie mix as directed on the package. Yes, I could have made homemade brownie mix for this, but no, I did not. I have been so busy lately, the ease of the packaged mix was a blessing. ‘Nuff said. ;)

Place cupcake papers into several muffin tins. Scoop brownie batter into the papers, only enough to fill halfway. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 12 minutes.

While they are baking, mix the flaked coconut in a bowl with the sweetened condensed milk.

Chop the almonds. I didn’t want to spend so much money on the almonds, so I managed to find a small bag of Fisher’s slivered almonds for…something like $1.50 or so, and it was plenty enough for this recipe with a little left over. If I had a few other recipes needing almonds, I would have bought the cans with more ounces, and of course more money, but I didn’t, so this would do.



When the brownie bites are done, remove from the oven and spoon about 1 Tbl of the coconut mixture on top of each. I used one of my smaller scoops that equaled about 1 Tbl. Make sure to tamp it down a little, to spread it over the whole of the top of the brownie.

Sprinkle the chopped almonds on top of the coconut mixture, then the chocolate chips.

Put the muffin tins back into the oven and bake for an additional 12 minutes.

When cool enough, remove from the muffin tins. Serve and watch the smiles! Enjoy! ~TMMF


Almond Joy Brownie Bites

1 box fudge brownie mix
   (family size)
3 c flaked coconut
7 oz sweetened condensed milk
¼ c almonds
1 c mini chocolate chips




No comments:

Post a Comment