Monday, June 16, 2014

Shrimp and Crab Fettuccine




I love seafood, I adore seafood, I lust after seafood. I also love pasta. Maybe not lust after it like seafood, but I do love it. ;) So when I had half a pound of lump crab meat in the fridge, and some shrimp in the freezer, and the pound of fettuccine was calling to me from the cabinet…I don’t know what happened. It was like some Great Seafood Spirit overcame me and I started cooking, and this is what I came up with. I hope you like it.

So, let’s get cooking!


Start a pot of water boiling on the stove to be ready for the fettuccine when it’s time.




Finely dice the shallots and celery. Peel and mince the garlic.







Prepare the seafood: if there are shells and/or tail shells on the shrimp, remove them. If you use the smaller shrimp, they may have no tail shells on. For the crab, there’s nothing to do. Set both aside.







In a large skillet, melt the butter and sauté the shallots, celery, and minced garlic until tender, about 2-3 minutes.








With a whisk, blend in the flour and cook for a minute until bubbly.







Add the cream or half and half and the chicken stock, whisking almost continuously until mixture thickens.







Now add the salt, pepper, and seafood, stirring gently to thoroughly mix in. Keep on low heat to heat through.







While that is heating through, your water for the pasta should be boiling. Add the fettuccine and cook according to directions, just until al dente.





Serve the shrimp and crab meat mixture over a portion of fettuccine. Enjoy! ~TMMF

Shrimp and Crab Fettuccine

12 oz small shrimp
8 oz. lump crab meat
1 stalk celery
1 shallot
2-4 cloves garlic
1/3 c butter
1/3 c flour
1 c chicken stock
2 c light cream or half and half
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 lb fettuccine

No comments:

Post a Comment