Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Mexican Mish Mash



This is a recipe I threw together just because I was in the mood for something Mexican-ish, and I didn’t feel like going online to find a specific recipe. And I figured what I put in is probably what many recipes have in them, so it worked for me. ;) The kids loved it and so did I, so there you go. This is a great recipe for leftover rice if you just want something a little spicy. Throw in a Tbl or more of PepperMary’s Cajun Blend to kick it up a notch, too!

So, let’s get cooking!



Dice the Vidalia onion and the green bell pepper.

Brown the hamburg with the onion and pepper. Drain and keep in the skillet.

Add the diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Simmer for about 15 minutes.



Spray a 9 x13” baking dish with cooking spray. Spread the cooked rice in the bottom.

Layer on the chili beans and spread the hamburg mixture evenly on top.

Finally, sprinkle on the shredded Mexican blend cheese. And bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, until bubbly and smelling so good!

Serve with sour cream and sliced jalapeños. Enjoy! ~TMMF



Mexican Mish Mash

2 c cooked rice
1 lb hamburg
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 onion
1 green pepper
1 pkt taco seasoning
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 15.5 oz cans chili beans
2 c shredded Mexican cheese blend

No comments:

Post a Comment