Monday, August 25, 2014

Slippery Sloppery Joes



Ah, Sloppy Joes, that old standby when you need something quick and easy. And while I usually have a couple cans on hand in my cupboard for those nights when things are hectic, I didn’t realize until now just how quick and easy homemade sloppy joes really are until I made them myself. I grew up on homemade ones; my mom made them all the time. Seriously, this is so easy and tastes so good, I may never buy another can of Manwich again.

So, let’s get cooking!




First dice the Vidalia onion and green pepper. Peel and mince the clove of garlic, or use a garlic press like I do when it’s time to add it.







In a skillet, sauté the hamburg, onion, pepper, and minced garlic, until hamburg is browned. Drain liquid out as much as you can.








Add the ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Extra points if you know how to pronounce that correctly. ;)








Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.






When done, serve on hamburger buns. We love this with a slice of cheese. Word of advice: put the cheese on the bottom bun, then add the Slippery Sloppery Joe mixture. ;)

Enjoy! ~TMMF



Slippery Sloppery Joes

2 lb hamburg
1 med. Vidalia onion
1 med. green pepper
1 huge clove garlic
1 ½ c ketchup
1 Tbl brown sugar
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce




No comments:

Post a Comment