Friday, December 19, 2014

Quick Turkey Chili


This has got to be the quickest chili recipe I’ve ever met. I love me some chili, and I’ve always loved my recipe for Crock Pot Chili, that cooks overnight for a Sunday lunch. That one is so easy too, and it doesn’t take long to throw together in the slow cooker. But when you need something to make and it’s almost supper time, and you want chili, this recipe is perfect and so stinking good!

When I made this, I had Megan helping me. I set her to work cutting the celery while I did the rest of the veggies. It’s a great recipe for littler children to help with because you can set them up with the celery or the green bell pepper (core it and slice into strips for them to dice) and by the time you’re finished with the rest, they’re usually done.

The only thing I’d do differently the next time I make this is add one or two carrots, diced. I add it to spaghetti sauce and it goes well with that, and boosts the nutrition. It’s a great way to add more vitamins, fiber, and so on.

So, anyhoo, let’s get cooking!




Dice the Vidalia onion, green bell pepper, and celery (do a carrot too!). Mince the garlic.









In a large saucepan, brown the ground turkey with the vegetables.









Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, sugar, and spices. Stir thoroughly to blend in that tomato paste.





Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to simmer. Cook for 45 minutes to an hour, and it’s done!

Serve with sharp cheddar cheese and/or sour cream…we like both on ours! Enjoy! ~TMMF

Quick Turkey Chili
    (serves 6-8)

1 lb ground turkey
½ green bell pepper
½ Vidalia onion
1 ½ stalks celery
3 cloves garlic
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 6 oz can tomato paste
2 cans light red kidney beans
1 can black beans
2 Tbl sugar
½ tsp ground cumin
1-2 Tbl chili powder
½ tsp black pepper
1-2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment