Monday, December 8, 2014

Spicy Pork Enchiladas



This is a recipe I found floating around on Facebook, with only a photo and a short paragraph of what the woman did to make them. She suggested what to use in them, but it was fairly open to just add what you like, so this is what I came up with. I think next time I make them I’m going to add some diced fresh jalapeños. These are SO good! I hope you like them too.

So, let’s get cooking!



For the pork, you can throw some loin or chops or whatever you like into a crock pot and cook it overnight, or even a day or two ahead and have it in the fridge. This is a great recipe to use up leftover pork from a previous meal, too.

Using two forks, shred the pork. Add one of the cans of enchilada sauce and coat thoroughly.


Dice the green bell pepper and Vidalia onion, and mince the garlic. I just use my handy dandy garlic press when it’s time to add it.

In a skillet, heat the oil and sauté the pepper, onion, and garlic on medium heat until just tender. It only takes a few minutes.

Add the sautéed veggies and the black beans to the shredded pork.


To assemble, just pile an eighth of the mixture in an oblong shape in the middle of the tortilla. What I did to try and make sure they each were even and that I had enough for all eight was to take a knife and simply cut through the mixture in the bowl as if I were cutting a pie. The “wedges” could be clearly seen and I just scooped them out with a spoon.

Fold over the two sides and then fold the other two sides to complete.


Place in a greased 11 X 15” baking dish, seam side down. I got all eight to fit by sort of  squooshing the three on each end of the baking dish up against the ends and then sort of wiggling the last two in the middle, end to end.

Pour the 2nd can of enchilada sauce over all. Now sprinkle the Mexican blend cheese on top. Use as little or as much as you like. I’m, um, wicked into cheese, so I tend to be a little heavy handed with it. Cheese is one of my four food groups. ;)

Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes, until heated through and cheese is all melted and bubbly and your mouth is watering smelling it as it permeates the house. Enjoy! ~TMMF



Spicy Pork Enchiladas

1 ½ to 2 lbs pork
1 can black beans
   (drain and rinse)
½ green bell pepper
½ Vidalia onion
2 big cloves garlic
2 cans enchilada sauce
2 c Mexican blend shredded cheese




No comments:

Post a Comment