Monday, May 11, 2015

Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake



So, it’s Monday again, but I’m cutting down the Gourmet…Way Before Payday recipes to the first Monday of the month. And because of that, I now present you with….<insert dramatic drum roll>….Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake!

Omgoodness, this is so yumminy, you’ll be glad you made it! This recipe comes from lilluna.com. It’s easy, quick, and oh so good! It’s supposed to be made with boneless skinless chicken breasts, but I made it with thighs, and I added some mozzarella cheese to the equation because that’s how I roll. ;)

So, let’s get cooking!






Since I used thighs for this, I removed the skin and some of the extra fat. If you’re using boneless skinless breasts, you’ve got it made in the shade. Place them in a greased 9 X 13" baking dish.













In a smallish bowl, mix together the mayo, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and spices.












I had no sliced Swiss cheese, but I did have a block of it, so it had to be grated. Maybe you have a block of mozzarella that has to be grated also? You really have no idea if this is Swiss or mozzarella, do you? It could even be extra sharp cheddar for all you know. ;)





Ah, silly me….it really is grated Swiss. I just get giddy when I’m sleep deprived and it’s ridiculous o’clock in the morning and I decide to write. And you are my captive audience, so you are the recipients of my goofiness. ;)

Shall we move on?






Sprinkle the grated Swiss and mozzarella cheeses on top of the chicken in the pan.












Spread the mayo/sour cream mixture evenly on top.

Now bake at 350° for about an hour.

Serve up and listen to the sounds of Yum. Enjoy! ~TMMF








Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake

4-6 pieces chicken
6-8 slices Swiss cheese
   (or 1 c shredded)
¾ c mozzarella cheese
½ c mayonnaise
½ c sour cream
¾ c Parmesan cheese
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

No comments:

Post a Comment