Friday, September 4, 2015

Spicy Korean Chicken



This recipe comes from Rasa Malaysia, who puts out authentic Asian recipes that are so good! It wasn’t overly spicy; both Megan and Timmy won’t eat anything too hot, but they sure ate this. You can also amp it up by adding extra spice to it.

My one change I made was using sriracha instead of the Korean chili paste, known as gochugaru. I didn’t want to spend money on an ingredient that I could substitute with something I already had that would be sufficient. Part of my goal in presenting recipes is to ensure that they’re affordable for most families. The chicken came out wonderful and I’m sure you’ll like it.

So, let’s get cooking!







If you’re using leg quarters like I did (inexpensive and delicious!), separate the legs and thighs and remove the skin if you’d like.













Peel and mince the garlic and the fresh ginger. I *love* using fresh garlic and ginger in cooking. They smell so good and taste even better!














In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.













Place the meat in a gallon freezer bag and pour in the mixture. Marinate for two hours or overnight for even better flavor infusion.







Grill or bake and dig in to authentic Spicy Korean Chicken!

Enjoy! ~TMMF

Spicy Korean Chicken

2-3 lbs meat
¼ c oil
3 Tbl sriracha
2 tsp chili powder
2 Tbl toasted sesame oil
3 Tbl sugar
6 cloves garlic
2” fresh gingerroot


No comments:

Post a Comment