Monday, October 19, 2015

Pizza, Part 14: Stuffed Crust Pizza



Stuffed Crust Pizza….ever since the pizza places came out with it, I’ve loved it. It’s always so much more expensive than the regular crust, so you know I had to try and recreate it. ;-) It took me a few tries to figure out the best way to do it, so the cheese would stay inside the crust, but I finally got it. I think you’ll really like this one. And I put ground meat on mine with a couple veggies. Use whatever you want, but I’ll show it the way I made it.

So, let’s get cooking!






In a skillet, sauté the hamburg or ground turkey until cooked. I generally use the ground turkey because I can’t afford hamburg unless it’s on clearance. ;-) When done, set aside to cool.












Meanwhile, chop the vegetables you plan on using.













Spread the pizza dough on a greased round pizza pan. The one I have is a 15” diameter pizza pan. You can find my pizza dough recipe here. Spread the dough evenly, all the way to the edge.












Taking the mozzarella sticks, place them about half an inch from the edge of the dough, with the sticks end to end.











Start folding the dough over the mozzarella sticks and roll it a little bit more towards the middle of the pizza dough. Press down the dough on the inside side of the sticks, to seal it good.










You have to kind of keep the sticks end to end with no spaces in between, and kind of curve them the best you can. It’s not going to be perfectly round, but the Geometry Police won’t be stopping by to measure. They don’t know where you live anyway. ;-)












Spread the sauce on the pizza and then sprinkle the cheese on top.














Top with the meat and veggies, or whatever toppings you’ve chosen.








Bake in a 425° oven for 18 minutes exactly, and you’re ready to roll. Enjoy! ~TMMF




Stuffed Crust Pizza

1 pizza dough
8 ½ mozzarella sticks (approx.)
1 c sauce
1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 lb ground turkey
½ green bell pepper
½ sweet onion

No comments:

Post a Comment