Monday, November 30, 2015

Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo



This delicious pasta dish comes from Damn Delicious, and it sure is! I love pasta, my kids love pasta, the whole family loves pasta, even my hips love pasta….but we won’t go there. ;-)

What did I change in this? The original had cream and goat cheese. I decided I could just use milk, and I switched out the goat cheese for feta. I didn’t have any goat cheese, and even if I had, I probably would have paid too much for it, and one goal I have at TMMF is to present really good recipes for the average family who doesn’t have a heck of a lot to spend.

That’s not to say I don’t ever use something expensive in my recipes; I’m just choosy about what I will pay more money for. Most of the time you can switch some ingredients out for something less expensive and still have a fantastic dish.

So, let’s get cooking!







Set a large pot of water to boil for the linguine. When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.














And while that’s happening on a back burner, dice the onion and mince the garlic.














In a large skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in the oil a few minutes until tender.















Add the milk, feta cheese, and parmesan cheese, stirring with a whisk. Cook over medium heat about 4-5 minutes.











Throw in the drained roasted red peppers. Well okay, no sense in making a mess. You know as well as I do you’ll be the one that has to clean it up. “Place” the drained roasted red peppers, ever so delicately, into the sauce which is in the skillet. Better? ;-)








Now you need to puree the sauce. If you have a handy dandy immersion blender, like I do, you’re way ahead of the game. If you don’t, well then you’re SOL, sorry-outta-luck. Kidding, KIDDING!

If you must be so difficult as to not have an immersion blender, find yourself a regular blender, puree it, then transfer it back into the skillet.









Now add the drained linguine to the sauce and mix in, cooking just a couple of minutes to heat the pasta. And you’re done!

Enjoy! ~TMMF









Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo

12 oz linguine
2 Tbl oil
1 med onion
2 cloves garlic
1 c milk
4 oz feta cheese
½ c parmesan cheese
1 14 oz can diced
   roasted red peppers, drained



No comments:

Post a Comment