Monday, December 7, 2015

Cheesy Cauliflower & Ham



This is a recipe I made based on my Baked Macaroni & Cheese recipe. I was trying to cut down on the carbohydrates, so I used cauliflower and added ham. It would have tasted fine without the ham, but I love ham in this kind of dish, and my little carnivore Timmy always asks, “Is there any meat in it?” ;-)

The only changes I made to it were….oh wait, it’s my recipe! Haha

So, let’s get cooking!



Cut the cauliflower into florets. Cook in a large pot with water halfway up the cauliflower, covered, until just tender.

Cube the ham into ¾ inch chunks.

Shred the cheddar cheese and cube the Velveeta cheese.


In a large sauce pan, melt the butter and mix in the flour with a whisk to make the roux.

Slowly add the milk, stirring continuously, until thickened. You’ll want the heat at slightly more than medium, but make sure it doesn’t burn and as soon as it’s thickened, turn the heat down a couple notches.

Add the salt, pepper, and all three cheeses, stirring, until cheeses have melted. Look at the stringy cheese!


Drain the cauliflower after cooking. Add the florets and the cubed ham to the cheese sauce. And look at all that yummy stringy cheesy goodness! Enjoy! ~TMMF





Cheesy Cauliflower & Ham

2 heads cauliflower
3 c cubed ham
5 Tbl butter
½ c flour
4 c milk
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
6 oz Velveeta
1 c sharp cheddar cheese
1 c mozzarella cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment