Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Garlic Brussels Sprouts with Bacon



So, we all know that many people don’t like Brussels sprouts. Even I didn’t like them for years. I would have eaten them only with someone holding a gun to my head. Enter Garlic Brussels Sprouts with Bacon. This is *the* recipe that will turn people’s hearts around toward the lonely little cabbage-like veggie. Because….bacon. ‘Nuff said.

This recipe, from Allrecipes, originally had some chicken broth to cook the sprouts in, and some oil. I didn’t want to boil them, so I excluded the broth, and I switched the oil out for the grease left from the bacon. It came out so delicious, we carefully rationed out the leftovers at lunch, wishing there had been more.

So, let’s get cooking!





First, cook the bacon in a skillet. Most people like their bacon crispy, and the recipe did call for it that way, but I like it a little softer, so I made it my way. Set the bacon aside after it’s done cooking, but leave the grease in the pan.












While the bacon is cooking, peel and mince the garlic. Cut the ends off the Brussels sprouts and slice in half.











When the bacon is done, toss the Brussels sprouts into the skillet and sauté over medium heat, stirring several times. I covered the pan and cooked them about 10 minutes, stirring every minute or so. Add a couple teaspoons butter if needed. I did.










Add the garlic and stir, cooking a minute more.

Chop up the bacon and add to the sprouts, stirring thoroughly until heated through. Add the pepper.






And they’re done. A great dish to make for a holiday gathering this season. Enjoy! ~TMMF







Garlic Brussels Sprouts with Bacon

1 lb Brussels sprouts
½ lb bacon
2 huge cloves garlic
2 tsp butter
½ tsp pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment