Monday, December 14, 2015

Best Green Bean Casserole



A little story about me and green beans. Growing up, my 4 siblings and I would spend the night at our Grammie and Grampie's house in Roslindale, MA, individually, for a special time with them. On one of my turns, Grammie served green beans, and I hated them. I wouldn't eat them, and Grammie said I had to stay at the table until I ate them. After an hour, she finally let me get up. I never did like green beans until I was well into adulthood with children of my own. And then, I would only eat them plain or cooked Chinese style.

Anyhoo, this is a recipe from All Recipes, by Jan, it says. I’ve never been a fan of green bean casserole, never ate more than a taste, probably because with the usual ingredients, it just never sparked much interest. But when I saw this recipe, I was persuaded to try it, especially because it added cheese. But I didn’t stop there, I tweaked it by adding some sour cream, and good gravy Marie, was it ever good. Try this tweaked version of Best Green Bean Casserole at your holiday table this season and see what happens!

So, let’s get cooking!



Assuming you’ve cooked the frozen green beans, shred the cheddar cheese.

In a large mixing bowl, place the cream of mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper, ¾ c of the cheddar cheese, and 4 oz of the French Fried onions.

Mix together and add the beans.


Grease a 9 X 13” baking dish. Pour the whole ball of wax in and level out. Sprinkle the other ½ c of shredded cheddar cheese on top, and then the rest of the French Fried onions. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.

Enjoy! ~TMMF




Best Green Bean Casserole

24 oz frozen cut green beans,
   Cooked
1 10.75 oz can cream of
   Mushroom soup
½ c milk
½ c sour cream
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 ¼ c cheddar cheese, divided
6 oz French Fried onions



No comments:

Post a Comment