Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easy Cheese Danish



This recipe is one that I found online, but the woman who published it said that she doesn’t know where the recipe originally came from because her mother and grandmother always made it. So, alas, I don’t know to whom to give credit. When you try this, the heavenly taste will make you say, “Creator of the recipe? Who cares?! This is SO GOOD!!!” ;)

Anyway, as long as you know I didn’t come up with it, let’s just get down to the nitty gritty.



Soften the cream cheese by nuking it in the microwave for a minute or two on low, or stubbornly plow through the mixing process like I did. ;) Place it in a bowl with the sugar, egg, and vanilla, and beat until smooth.






Grease a 9 X 13” baking dish. Carefully open the rolled up canned refrigerated crescent rolls, leaving the 4 sets of double triangles together. You’re going to lay them in the baking dish and press the seams together to form a solid bottom.




Since each set of 2 triangles is rectangular, you’ll be able to fit 3 sets across the length of the dish. For the remaining empty spaces, I cut the last rectangle of crescent rolls into 3 strips lengthwise and just tried the best I could to make it work. It’s not hard, just takes a little ingenuity.




Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the crescent roll crust.








Top with the second can of crescent rolls in the same manner as the bottom layer.






Beat the egg white with a fork and brush on top of the crust. You need so little for this; I ended up setting the egg yolk back in the little bowl with the white to use for scrambled eggs.








Bake in a 350° oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Definitely check at the 35 minute mark.





Cool at least 20 minutes before spreading the icing on top. My 10 year old, Timmy, was so anxious to eat them, he suggested I put it in the freezer to speed up the cooling, which I did, just to please him. ;)



While waiting for it to cool, make the icing. In a small bowl mix the milk with the confectioner’s sugar until smooth. I just used the spoon I mixed it with to spread the icing on.

Serve and watch the smiles!! Enjoy! ~TMMF




Easy Cheese Danish

2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
2 8 oz packages cream cheese
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla 
1 egg
1 egg white  


No comments:

Post a Comment