Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spinach Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken Breasts


This is another recipe I found online and knew I must try. I am so glad I did, because it was heavenly! My children wolfed it down and asked for more. I actually didn’t even change anything in this recipe, which you know is unusual for me. ;) 

So, without any further ado, let’s get cooking! 


Shred the pepper jack cheese. If using frozen spinach, make sure it’s thawed, squeezing any excess water from it. If you’re using fresh spinach like I did, place the leaves in a bowl with a small amount of water, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and microwave for 3-4 minutes. Drain any excess water. Mix together the spinach, pepper jack cheese, salt, and pepper. 



Now it’s time to work with the chicken breasts. You’re going to pound them to flatten, and you can use a meat mallet, or, if you’d like to go really high tech, use a hammer like I did. ;) Place the chicken breast on a cutting board, cover with waxed paper or one of those thin plastic cutting board sheets, and pound away (use the flat side of the hammer) until the meat is thinner (about ¼ to ½”) and spread out.

Turn the chicken breast over and spoon a forth of the spinach-cheese mixture into the middle. Roll up and place the seam side down in a greased baking dish. 



Mix together the bread crumbs and Cajun Blend seasoning. You know I’m going to say to use PepperMary’s Cajun Blend, so I’ll just go ahead and say it: Use the Cajun Blend from PepperMary. ;) 

Brush the chicken breasts with the olive oil and sprinkle on the bread crumbs. Top each with more pepper jack cheese. 

Bake at 350° for about 35-40 minutes. Serve and enjoy! ~TMMF


Spinach Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken Breasts

4 chicken breasts
1 c frozen spinach or
   about 5 or 6 c fresh
4 oz pepper jack cheese
   plus more for topping
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 Tbl olive oil
2 Tbl bread crumbs
½ tsp PepperMary Cajun Blend


No comments:

Post a Comment