Monday, October 13, 2014

Stuffed Pepper Soup



Oh my goodness, this soup is to-die-for! It’s also incredibly easy and quick, and I know you’ll love it. I first found it on The Country Cook, and the only change I made was to add some diced carrots to it. You know I’m always adding veggies when I can, and the carrots played very well in this recipe. My kids LOVED this soup and asked for it the next day for lunch because they knew we had some left over.

This recipe would also be very easy to do in a crock pot if you have a busy day coming up. I usually buy hamburg or ground turkey in large amounts and then brown it, portion into meal sized portions, and freeze, so when I need browned meat in a recipe, all I have to do is defrost and throw it in. So toss that in with the veggies and other ingredients, set to low, and 6 hours later you’ll be ready to serve.

So, let’s get cooking!






First dice the green bell pepper, Vidalia onion, and carrots. Peel and mince the garlic, or use a garlic press like I do when it’s time to add it. You can see I did the pepper in larger chunks.













In a large sauce pan, brown the hamburg or ground turkey (I used the ground turkey in mine) with the onion, pepper, carrots, and garlic.












Drain fat if necessary. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato soup, and beef broth. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.








Add the cooked rice, sugar, and black pepper, then simmer (covered) another 15 minutes.

This is a great way to use rice left over from another meal. Or the rice you get when you order Chinese take-out. But why would you be ordering Chinese when you should be making the recipes for Chinese food that I’ve posted for you here? ;)




Serve with shredded cheese. I used extra sharp cheddar and it was heavenly. Enjoy! ~TMMF


Stuffed Pepper Soup

1 lb hamburg or ground turkey
1 Vidalia onion
1 lg green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 carrots
1 29 oz can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato soup
14 oz beef broth
2 c cooked rice
1 Tbl sugar
3/3 tsp black pepper
shredded cheese to top with


No comments:

Post a Comment