Wednesday, April 22, 2015

One Pan Taco Mac & Cheese



This recipe comes from yellowblissroad.com. I wanted to try it because it’s:
   1. A one pan recipe,
   2. Has a Mexican flair to it, and
   3. It’s macaroni and cheese! Need I say more??

With a few minor changes, it came out really good. I do suggest, however, that if you like things spicy, add some crushed red pepper to it. I think this really could have used a little more kick to it. I added in a green pepper, upped the fresh garlic and spice, and instead of using just cheddar cheese, I used half cheddar and half mozzarella. I’m a pushover when it comes to stringy cheesy yumminess.

So, let’s get cooking!







Dice the onion, green pepper, and tomatoes, and mince the garlic.














In a large skillet, sauté the ground turkey with the onion, pepper, garlic, and half the taco seasoning.










Add in the water, broth, uncooked pasta (I used rotini), diced tomatoes, and the rest of the taco seasoning.  Cover the skillet and cook over low-ish heat, simmering for 15 minutes. Make sure to stir it a couple times so the pasta won’t stick together into a giant, immovable mass of durum wheat that will last longer than the rock of Gibraltar.










Meanwhile, grate the cheddar cheese, and the mozzarella if needed. I buy my mozzarella already shredded, as it’s sometimes less expensive.












Uncover the skillet and turn up the heat to medium, cooking until most of the water is gone and the pasta is al dente, stirring frequently.













Remove from the heat, and stir in the cheeses until melted.

Serve up and enjoy! ~TMMF










One Pan Taco Mac & Cheese

1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
1 med. onion
1 green bell pepper
3-4 Roma tomatoes
3-4 cloves garlic
1 packet taco seasoning
3 c smallish dry pasta
1 c water
2 c beef broth
1 c extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 c mozzarella cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment