Friday, April 3, 2015

Stuffed Pepper Casserole



Okay, this is one of those I-love-this-so-much-I could-eat-it-for-breakfast recipes! The kids loved this just as much as I did. It’s fairly quick, and so easy. The only change I made to it was to up the amount of chili powder so it’d have a little more kick to it. I will make this one again and again. It’s also so easy to veganize it by just leaving out the meat and using a vegan cheese.

So, let’s get cooking!







If you don’t have rice already made, get it going while you’re doing the other steps for the recipe.














Chop the onion and peppers and mince the garlic. I had some red and yellow bell peppers along with my green, so I used a combination. It made it look real perty! ;)













In a large skillet, sauté the ground turkey with the onions, peppers, and minced garlic.













Add in the cooked rice, tomato sauce, and spices, plus ¼ c of the mozzarella cheese. I, um, may or may not have added a teeny tiny bit more cheese. Like, maybe an entire cup of it…













Pour the whole schlamoodle into an 11 X 15” baking dish.












Sprinkle the remaining ¼ c <snort> of mozzarella cheese on top.

Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes, until all bubbly and scrumptious. Enjoy! ~TMMF







Stuffed Pepper Casserole

½ Vidalia onion
2 bell peppers
2 cloves garlic
2 c cooked rice
1 lb ground turkey
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 ½ tsp chili powder
¾ tsp cumin
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
½ c mozzarella cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment