Monday, April 18, 2016

Kielbasa Zucchini Sauté with Couscous



This recipe is one that had been rolling around in my head for a while until I felt ready to create it. I had actually been thinking of a recipe to enter in a contest, but then I never entered it. I wanted something easy, with a fresh light taste, and I also wanted it to have something a little different than the usual bed of pasta, and couscous seemed to fit the bill. I hope you enjoy it.

So, let’s get cooking!







Cut the zucchini into strips and then chunks. This is a great job for younger cooks in the house!













Dice the red pepper and onion, and peel and mince the garlic. I have a habit of mincing the garlic with my garlic press when it’s time to add it to the pan. ;-)











Slice up the kielbasa on the diagonal. Or just be a rebel and slice it into straight up circles. You alone will bear the responsibility of the shape of your sausage in this recipe. Just don’t come crying to me if your perfect circles ruin the dish. ;-)










Now, in a large skillet, sauté the peppers and onions in the oil for about 3-4 minutes, until just tender.













Add the minced garlic and zucchini, along with the red pepper flakes, oregano, and the ½ c chicken stock, and sauté for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently.












Toss in the kielbasa and cook just long enough to heat the meat.













Cook the couscous in the chicken stock. I used tri-color couscous, but it ended up looking like it was just 2 colors. Oh well. ;-)







Serve the kielbasa veggie mixture on top of the couscous. Voilá!

Enjoy! ~TMMF



Kielbasa Zucchini Sauté with Couscous

1 lb kielbasa
2 zucchini
½ lg red pepper
½ lg Vidalia onion
3-4 cloves garlic
2 Tbl oil
½ c chicken stock
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 c couscous
1 c chicken stock

No comments:

Post a Comment