Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Pizza Part 18: Loaded Steak Pizza


I *love* steak. We rarely have it due to how expensive it is, but I love it and if we get a gift card for a restaurant, usually I’ll order steak. I love mine rare, and loaded with sautéed peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Just thinking of it makes my mouth water!

So anyhoo, one night when I was going to make pizza for supper and throwing ideas around in my head for making up a new pizza, I thought of steak with all the extras on top, and thus my Loaded Steak Pizza was born. It took a few tries to get it to where I was satisfied it was perfect, and I hope you enjoy it.

So, let’s get cooking!






Set the frozen Philly steak on to cook in a large skillet or griddle, depending which brand you use. When done and cooled, you’ll want to make sure it’s pulled apart either by hand or chopping with a knife.












While that’s cooking, prepare your veggies: slice the onions and peppers into 1 inch lengths. Use whatever color you have on hand, but I love using green, red, yellow, and orange. Peel and mince the garlic.









Mix together the A1 Steak Sauce and mayo. Now, here’s a decision you need to make: do you want to add the minced garlic to the sauce, or would you rather struggle with sprinkling the sticky little varmints on top along with the vegetables like I did? It’s your choice. Make the right one. <whispers: put it in the sauce!>










Now, spread the pizza dough in the greased pan. Spread the sauce mixture on top, and then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses on.











Distribute the lovely assortment of bell peppers on the pizza…..















…..and the sweet Vidalia onions, along with the mushrooms.











Now for the tender shaved steak, and you’re ready to bake! You know my rules for making homemade pizza and calzones: 425° oven for exactly 18 minutes and not a minute more. ;-)

Serve up and savor the flavor.

Enjoy! ~TMMF







Loaded Steak Pizza

1 pizza dough
½ green bell pepper
½ red bell pepper
½ yellow bell pepper
½ Vidalia onion
1 huge clove garlic
1 c sliced mushrooms
7 oz Philly steak (frozen)
1 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 c mozzarella cheese
½ c A1 Steak Sauce
2 Tbl mayonnaise

No comments:

Post a Comment