Monday, April 25, 2016

Savory Rice on Fire!



I love rice. Do you love rice? I just love it, especially Arborio rice! So one night as I was thinking on what to make as a side for the baked chicken I had planned, this recipe popped into my mind and down through my hands. It looks innocent enough, but it’s got a kick. ;-) It is my original, by the way. :-) 

So, let’s get cooking!






First you want to do the veggie prep: dice the onion, julienne the carrots, and mince the fresh ginger and garlic.












In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the carrots and onion in the toasted sesame oil and vegetable oil, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes, cooking a minute more.











Add the rice and about ½ c of the chicken stock, stirring continuously, until liquid is absorbed. 













Add another ½ c stock and do the same, until the rice has absorbed it. 










Repeat until all the chicken stock has been absorbed. It won’t be dry, it’ll be slightly saucy. Toss in the parsley flakes and soy sauce. Viola! (I really do know it’s voilà; I just can’t help thinking of someone's Aunt Viola and laughing!) 

Enjoy! ~TMMF






My lovely assistant cook, Megan. ♥ 


Savory Rice on Fire!

½ Vidalia onion
2 big cloves garlic
1” fresh ginger
2 carrots
1 Tbl toasted sesame oil
1 Tbl vegetable oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1-2 tsp parsley flakes
1 Tbl soy sauce
1 c Arborio rice
3 c chicken stock


No comments:

Post a Comment