Monday, September 19, 2016

Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Rolls



This is such a nice recipe and perfect for a cool fall night or the next church potluck supper. It’s a recipe my sister Kris made ages ago and I always loved it. Well, ham...broccoli….and cheese! Anything with cheese is okay in my book! :-) I’m not exactly sure what Kris put in hers, but this is how I make it and it’s downright tasty, if I do say so myself. ;-)

So, let’s get cooking!


Assembling the rolls is easy; just lay out a ham slice, put the broccoli crown in it with the top sticking out, and roll, roll, roll away. Place the rolls in an 11X15” baking dish. You can spray the pan with cooking spray if you’d like. Put the rolls with the tops of the broccoli in towards the middle.


To make the sauce, melt the butter in a medium pan and stir in the flour with a whisk until bubbly. Add the milk slowly while you constantly whisk it, until it thickens. Stir in the cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and the salt and pepper. Set aside.

In a small bowl, melt the butter and add the bread crumbs, stirring until thoroughly coated. You can use seasoned crumbs or plain; I use whatever I happen to have on hand.


Next, lay the slices of Swiss cheese on top of the ham. Pour the cheesy sauce on top of that, leaving the broccoli tops uncovered. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the sauce, and bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes, until edges are bubbly and golden brown.

Enjoy! ~TMMF


Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Rolls

22-24 slices ham (deli cut)
2 bunches broccoli crowns,
separated from the core
3 Tbl butter
¼ c flour
2 c milk
½ c sharp cheddar grated
½ c Parmesan cheese
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
5-6 slices Swiss cheese
¾ c bread crumbs
2 Tbl butter

No comments:

Post a Comment