Thursday, September 22, 2016

Pizza Part 20: Chicken Fajita Pizza



So, here we are again with another pizza. I can’t help it; I love pizza! If I had the chance to open a restaurant, my top choice for what kind would most likely be a pizzeria. No big surprise there, huh? This recipe is one of my originals. I decided to try making it one night when we were thinking of making pizza for supper and I wanted something different than the usual. I looked up the basic ingredients for fajita seasoning since I didn’t have a packet of it on hand, then adjusted it to my liking. I’ve heard that it’s less expensive to make different seasonings yourself, which I want to do at some point, but there’s nothing wrong with using a pre-packaged one from the store. Anyhoo, I hope you like this. ☺

So, let’s get cooking!


First, cut up the chicken breast into smallish pieces, about ½ inch squares. Place it in a bowl and add the fajita seasoning, store bought or homemade. In a skillet with a little oil (1-2 Tbl), sauté the chicken cubes until just done and tender, then set aside.


Now for the sauce: In a smallish sauce pan, melt the butter and add the flour to make a roux. Whisk in the milk, stirring continuously until thickened. Toss in the sugar and sriracha sauce and set aside to cool.


Dice the tomato and slice the onion and green bell pepper into pieces about an inch long.

Spread the pizza dough into the greased pan, and then spoon the sauce on and spread around. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top, then the fiesta blend. I almost always use at least some mozzarella because I love that cheesy stringy yumminess!


Distribute the onion and pepper slices, then the tomatoes and chicken. Bake at 425° for 18 minutes exactly. The underside of the crust will be a beautiful golden brown.

Enjoy! ~TMMF


Chicken Fajita Pizza

 pizza dough
1 lg chicken breast
1 packet fajita seasoning
*OR make it, recipe below
1 c milk
3 Tbl butter
2 Tbl flour
½ tsp sugar
1-2 Tbl sriracha sauce
1 lg tomato
½ lg green bell pepper
½ lg Vidalia onion
1 c shredded mozzarella
1 ½ c fiesta blend cheese







Fajita Seasoning

2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp cayenne
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sugar

1 tsp salt

No comments:

Post a Comment