Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Pizza Part 19: Valerie's Calzone Pizza


So, here we are again with another of my original recipes. Have I ever mentioned that I love pizza?? Oh my, how I love pizza! It’s one of my four food groups. ;-) I have eaten it for breakfast, lunch, and supper, and can never get enough. This pizza came about one night when I was going to make my calzones for supper, but Timmy had said he wanted pizza instead. I had thought of making a small pizza for him and calzones for the rest of us, but then inspiration struck and here we are! ;-)

So, let’s get cooking!



Cut up the sliced ham into small squares, about ½ inch square. Dice the onion and chop the mushrooms a little bit.

Grease your pizza pan with Crisco and spread the dough to fit. Sprinkle on 2 c of the shredded mozzarella cheese.

Place the sliced pepperoni---you can use one layer, two layers, whatever you want. Personally, I prefer 2 layers of it.


Spread on the little cut squares of sliced ham. Add the diced onion (we like a LOT!) and then the mushrooms.

Confession time: The next step is to sprinkle on the remaining 1 ½ c mozzarella cheese, but I failed to take a pic. I commit this error sometimes, and this was one of them. But go to the next step and you can see for yourselves that this is a VERY cheesy pizza! ;-)


Bake at 425° for 18 minutes exactly. The crust underneath should be golden brown and scrumptious!

Enjoy! ~TMMF





Valerie’s Calzone Pizza

3 ½ c mozzarella cheese
pepperoni slices
½ lb sliced ham
1 md Vidalia onion
1 lg can mushrooms



No comments:

Post a Comment