Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Do Nothing Cake


So, a Do Nothing Cake….a cake where you do nothing for it. Sounds impossible, right? Well you’re right, there is work involved with this one. But I didn’t name it, I just tried it out to see what it was like. I found the recipe on Happy Cooking, and like I said I wanted to try it out and see what all this do-nothingness was about.

It wasn’t all that much work after all, and it did taste good. I did make a major change though; it called for 2 cups of sugar and I cut that right in half. I mean, seriously, the cake was sweet enough with a cup of sugar plus the sweet frosting on top. I can only imagine the toothache if I hadn’t reduced it!

So, let’s get cooking!


In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, eggs, baking soda, vanilla, and crushed pineapple. Yes, I made that monkey face because that’s what it looked like to me! Haha


Place the mixture into a greased 9 X 13” baking dish and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tooth pick in center comes out clean.

Meanwhile, chop the nuts. I used pecans for this and it was delicious.


For the icing, in a medium saucepan mix together the butter, sugar, and evaporated milk. Cook on medium heat to boiling and go for about 5 minutes or so until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut and nuts.


Pour the icing over the cake (which can still be hot) and let cool. Serve and Enjoy! ~TMMF


Miss Megan chopping the nuts. 
Do Nothing Cake

1 c sugar
2 c flour
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
16 oz crushed pineapple, undrained

Icing

½ c butter
1 c sugar
¾ c evaporated milk
1 c coconut
1 c nuts

1 tsp vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment