Friday, October 6, 2017

One Pot Shrimp Linguine


It’s pasta, it has seafood in it, and it’s a one pot meal….you can’t go wrong with that! This dish was so easy and very delicious. I usually have linguine on hand but the night I made this, I just didn’t, so I used spaghetti. Just imagine it’s flat instead of round. ;-)

What I changed: it called for grape tomatoes but also canned diced, so I just used the diced. I replaced the fresh basil with dried, and switched out fresh grated Parmesan cheese for the feta. I also added some red pepper flakes to give it a little kick.

So, let’s get cooking!


Prep the spinach by nipping off the stems. Peel and mince the garlic.


Peel the tails off the shrimp. My lovely assistant chef Miss Megan did this.


Place in a large pot the spaghetti, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, basil, salt, red pepper flakes, and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer, stirring frequently to keep pasta from sticking. This is what it looks like about halfway through.


When most of the water is absorbed, add the fresh spinach and stir, cooking for about 5 minutes. Toss in the shrimp and heat through, maybe another minute or so.

Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top if desired. Enjoy! ~TMMF

One Pot Shrimp Linguine

1 lb spaghetti or linguine
12 oz bag small shrimp
2 cloves garlic
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tsp dry basil
2 c fresh spinach
2 ¾ c water
1 tsp salt
½-1 tsp red pepper flakes


No comments:

Post a Comment