Friday, August 7, 2015

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad



This is one of those pasta salads that tastes so stinking good, you don’t want to stop eating it. I ate it for breakfast the next morning, it was that good. The original recipe, from Yellow Bliss Road, had peas in it, and for a cold salad, I knew that wouldn’t fly with my kids. So I 86ed the peas and added in some green and yellow bell peppers, red onion, and a clove of garlic for extra zip. I also added mayo with the Ranch dressing to mellow it out a little. This is definitely a keeper.

So, let’s get cooking!



Set a pot of water to boil on the stove for the pasta. I chose mini farfalle for this; it just seemed to go good. But choose whichever shape you’d like. Cook until al dente, drain,  and then rinse thoroughly with cold water.

If you haven’t got cooked chicken or bacon on hand (left over), now would be a good time to cook those, too. ;)

Mince the garlic, dice the green and yellow bell peppers, red onion, and the humongous tomato. Yeah, I know there’s no tomato in that pic. You’ll have to just imagine it. Go ahead, it’s good for you; it builds your creativity. ;)

Place the pasta and veggies in a large mixing bowl. Now see? You imagined those diced tomatoes right into that photo! I knew you could do it!


Dice the chicken breast into somewhat smallish chunks, and chop the bacon. Add it to the rest in the bowl, and mix in the Ranch dressing and mayonnaise. This is so good, I’m sure you’ll love it!

Enjoy! ~TMMF

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad

3 c pasta
(I used mini farfalle)
2 c cooked chicken breast
6 slices cooked bacon
½ green bell pepper
½ yellow bell pepper
¼ lg red onion
1 clove garlic
1 humongous tomato
¾ c Ranch dressing
½ c mayonnaise



No comments:

Post a Comment