Monday, August 3, 2015

Deviled Egg Pasta Salad



This recipe combines two of my favorite things: deviled eggs and pasta salad. I have no idea why I never thought to combine them myself, but who cares? Now I have! ;) I did not stray very far from the original recipe, found on 52 Ways to Cook; I only left out the pickle brine and sweet relish, and added in hot mustard to give it some added zip. I think you’ll like it.

So, let’s get cooking!





Set a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. You can obviously use any kind you want, but I love using different pasta shapes, and for some reason cavatappi seemed to be the best for this salad. After cooking until just al dente, drain and rinse well with cold water all the way through.











While that is all happening behind the scenes, dice the celery and red onion.











Peel and chop the boiled eggs. If you haven’t got any on hand, you obviously need to get those done. I have a bowl full in the fridge usually, because the kids like to have one of two for a snack. I figure, they’re inexpensive and it’s protein. I’d rather have them eating a couple of boiled eggs than handfuls of dry cereal.










In a large bowl, put the drained cooled pasta, the celery and onions, and the mayo and yellow and brown mustards.













Mix well, and add the eggs, mixing in but not so much as to decimate them. ;)

Serve and enjoy! ~TMMF










Deviled Egg Pasta Salad

1 lb cavatappi
(or another shape)
3 stalks celery
½ med. red onion
8 hard boiled eggs
2 c mayonnaise
3 Tbl yellow mustard
2 Tbl hot brown mustard



No comments:

Post a Comment