Monday, August 24, 2015

Peach Mustard BBQ Sauce



Peach? Mustard? Together?? Well, it sounded interesting so I gave it a whirl, and am I ever glad I did. I wanted something different for the chicken I’d scheduled for supper, and this recipe from Food Network fit the bill.

The only change I made was using average brown mustard for the whole grain they called for, simply because I couldn’t find any at the store, and the fancier mustards were all so much money for tiny jars. But seeing how I try to be frugal and make recipes that are delicious but also doable expense-wise, it was a fine substitute. And this recipe is so stinking good, I know you’re family will love it.

So, let’s get cooking!






Mince the onion and garlic. I used a really big clove instead of 2 average sized cloves.
















Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic until tender and translucent. Add the vinegar and boil down until reduced, stirring frequently.










While the onion and garlic are sautéing, cut up the chicken if you’re using a whole one or leg quarters like I did. I use them a lot because they generally cost me between 69 and 74 cents a pound, and you know how much more expensive breast meat is. ;)














To finish the sauce, add the brown mustard, peach preserves, and salt to the pan, stirring and cooking until melted. It doesn’t take long at all.














Place the chicken in the baking dish or on the grill you’ve fired up, and baste liberally with the sauce. If you’re using pieces with the bone in, place them bottom side up. Of course with legs, there’s not really a top or bottom. ;)










Bake in a 400° oven for 20 minutes. Take the pan out, flip the chicken pieces, and coat with the sauce. Finish baking for another 30 minutes or so, until cooked through and juice runs clear.

Serve up and watch the smiles! My kids loved this! Enjoy! ~TMMF





Peach Mustard BBQ Sauce
   (makes enough for 10 pieces or so)

3 Tbl butter
2 Tbl minced onion
2 cloves garlic
3 Tbl apple cider vinegar
½ c brown mustard
¾ c peach preserves
½ tsp salt

No comments:

Post a Comment