Friday, September 12, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna



I found this recipe online, and I don’t know why I didn’t think of it myself, as much as I love lasagna and buffalo chicken. I didn’t always like it, but years ago one of my sisters made Buffalo Chicken Dip for a family Christmas party, and ever since then I’ve been a lover of Buffalo Chicken. No blue cheese for me, though; Ranch dressing will do just fine, thank you. ;)

The recipe I found is from a blog called All in All, and while it looked really good, when I went through the ingredients, I knew right off I wanted to delete this, add that, etc. So I went to the kitchen and came up with my version of it, and it came out wicked good! Definitely making this again.

So, let’s get cooking!



First, start your chicken breast cooking in a skillet with a tiny amount of oil. While that’s cooking, get a large pot of water boiling and cook the lasagna noodles.

When the chicken is done, you can either use two forks to pull it apart or cut it. I chose to dice it, and I diced it fairly small since this is a layered dish. That’s also a way to make it go farther. ;)

Place the chicken in a bowl and coat with the hot sauce. I used about 1 c.



Now for the filling. In a medium saucepan, melt the cream cheese, stirring with a whisk almost constantly. Add the Ranch dressing and pepper. Pour into a mixing bowl and set aside for a few minutes to cool.

When cool enough, add the cottage cheese and 1 c of the mozzarella cheese, stirring thoroughly.



To assemble the lasagna, spread some of the hot sauce in the bottom of the pan. Lay lasagna noodles down to cover the bottom of the pan. I fit 4 going the long way and a 5th the short way and had to cut off about 1 ½-2 inches of it.

Sprinkle half the diced buffalo chicken on the lasagna noodles. Now spread half the cheesy Ranch mixture on top.



Lay  five more noodles on and spread more hot sauce on top of the noodles.

Sprinkle the other half of the diced buffalo chicken on top, and then spread the other half of the cheesy Ranch mixture.



Place the last five lasagna noodles on top. Spread on more hot sauce. When I make it again, I am going to use a little more of the hot sauce spread on top of the noodles.

Sprinkle the other 1 c of shredded mozzarella on top. Use a little more if you like. I usually do. ;)

Bake at 350° for about 35 minutes. Enjoy! ~TMMF





Buffalo Chicken Lasagna

15 lasagna noodles
2-3 huge chicken breasts
1 ¼ c Frank’s hot sauce (approx.)
16 oz cream cheese
1 2/3 c Ranch dressing
1 c cottage cheese
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
½ tsp black pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment