Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Grilled Pineapple Jerk Thighs



This recipe is one that I found online and thought, what an interesting combination! I’ve never had much food with the “Island“ flavor,  but this sounded pretty good and I thought I’d give it a whirl. The cool thing about these is, once again, you can grill them or you can use your oven and/or broiler if you need to, and they come out great. For this I did indeed use my oven. And I used my wonderful cousin David’s (and his wife’s!) PepperMary Island Jerk Seasoning for it. Yum!

So, let’s get cooking!


I used thighs for this, as the recipe had called for, but you can use any old chicken pieces you want. I buy my chicken in 10 lb. bags for .69 a pound, chicken leg quarters. So that means if I want just thighs or just legs, I have to separate them myself, which is easy. I also like to remove as much fat (sometimes skin too) as I can. So if that’s the route you chose, go ahead and do that. Otherwise, just have the chicken pieces ready.






Now for the marinade: In a blender blend the pineapple chunks with the Island Jerk seasoning. I used my handy dandy hand-held blender my father gave me. I love that thing!






Place the chicken thighs in a plastic freezer bag and add the pineapple-Jerk marinade. Put in the fridge and marinate at least two hours, or overnight. I prefer the longer time, and it splits up the work--you get it ready one day and the next day just take it out and cook.





Place the chicken on foil on the grill, or, as the original recipe said, you can line muffin tins with foil and place one thigh in each well. Or, as I did, line a sheet pan with foil and arrange the pieces on it. Baste with extra sauce from the marinade bag.



Cook for about 30-40 minutes, until no longer pink inside.

Enjoy! ~TMMF



                   

                    Grilled Pineapple Jerk Chicken Thighs

                    8 chicken thighs
                    1 c pineapple chunks with juice
                    ¼ c Island Jerk seasoning


No comments:

Post a Comment