Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Caramelized Baked Chicken




This most divine, heavenly recipe is one I found on Facebook and on Food.com, and I've made it a couple times and will make it again. It’s very easy and doesn’t require any marinating, though if you wanted to, I’m betting they’d be even more to-die-for. ;)

I only altered this recipe by adding in red pepper flakes to kick it up. Use whatever chicken parts you want; chicken wings are expensive and there’s not much meat on them. I can get chicken leg quarters for .69 per pound, and since we be po’ folk, I get those. I just cut them up myself to separate the legs and thighs, and they’re ready to go.

So, let’s get cooking!




In a mixing bowl, mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes.








Place the chicken in a large baking dish. If you’re using thighs or bone-in breasts, place them upside down. You’ll flip them halfway through. Pour the sauce mixture on the chicken.








ALL of the sauce mixture, every last drop. Use a rubber spatula and scrape that bowl clean!





Bake at 350° for about an hour. After half an hour, flip the thighs or bone-in breasts if you've used those.

Enjoy! ~TMMF





Caramelized Baked Chicken

2 ½ lbs chicken (wings, legs, thighs)
1 2/3 Tbl oil
½ c soy sauce
1 n2/3 Tbl ketchup
¾ c honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes


No comments:

Post a Comment