Monday, September 15, 2014

Pizza Part L: Spicy BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza




This is the recipe I came up with in response to Papa John’s new specialty pizza. I am always wanting to try new pizza recipes, and besides just coming up with my own ideas for them, I do like to copycat various restaurants’ pizzas. You can always make them for way less than you’d pay to order, although I do order at times for convenience when they have a special deal.

Some of my favorite pizzas I’ve copycatted are Steak Arrabbiatta Pizza and Philly Cheese Steak Pizza. If you make those, you’ll see why: heaven in a pizza pie! And I think you’ll enjoy this new Spicy BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza as well. Tender pork, bold barbecue sauce, and sweet Vidalia onions blend together to make this a taste bud sensation.

So, let’s get cooking!



First, you need to decide how to make your pork. The best and only way I will do it is in the crock pot overnight, or all day for that night. We’ll just take it that you have your pork ready to use.

Pull the pork apart with two forks. Add as much barbecue sauce as you want, along with the liquid smoke, and coat the meat well. Slice the onions.



Shred the pepper jack cheese. Spread the dough onto a greased sheet pan or pizza pan. Use a spoon to spread the ¾ c barbecue sauce onto the pizza dough. Sprinkle on the shredded mozzarella cheese, then evenly sprinkle on the shredded pepper jack cheese.



Distribute the pulled pork evenly on top of the cheeses. I just used my hands; it was easier than fiddling with a spoon. Add the onions…and finally the red pepper flakes.

Bake in a 425° oven for 18 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom.

Enjoy! ~TMMF




Spicy BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza

1 pizza dough
8 oz shredded pork
BBQ sauce to taste
½ tsp liquid smoke
¾ c BBQ sauce
1 small Vidalia onion
1 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c pepper jack cheese



No comments:

Post a Comment