Monday, September 8, 2014

Crab Rangoon Dip



This nifty little recipe is one I found online and being #1- a lover of dips, and #2- a lover of crab Rangoon, I knew I’d be making this. This recipe is so easy and so, SO incredibly good, I could eat the entire batch myself. It’s one of my downfalls, like Rice Crispy Treats…if I make them I can’t seem to stop myself from eating them all. I think you’ll love this too. And this is one recipe I didn’t vary from one little iota, too.

So, let’s get cooking!

Set a skillet of oil on the stove to start heating. You want about 2-3 inches of oil to fry the wonton wrappers.




Meanwhile, back at the ranch…oh wait, this isn’t a western novel, it’s a recipe! Okay then, in the meantime, chop the scallions and crabmeat.






Place the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl along with the sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, confectioner’s sugar, and garlic powder.

Cream with a mixer until smooth.







Mix in the crab meat and scallions using a wooden spoon.









Place in a greased 9 X 13” baking dish. Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes.





While the dip is baking, make the fried wontons. Test the oil to see if it’s hot enough by dropping in a tiny piece of something…I usually find a tiny piece of chopped vegetable on the table where I chopped everything and just drop it in. If it sizzles frantically right away, the oil should be ready.




The wonton wrappers should be cut in half on the diagonal so they are triangles. Just drop a few in the hot oil and in a few seconds flip with tongs. Cook just until lightly browned on both sides.







These things cook VERY quickly. Do not walk away from them; you won’t even have time to scratch an itch when you cook these. Place the cooked ones on paper towels or a paper bag to drain and absorb the grease.




Serve the dip with the fried wontons. Enjoy! ~TMMF




Crab Rangoon Dip

16 oz cream cheese
2 c crab meat
1/2 c sour cream
4 scallions
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbl confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 package wonton wrappers
oil for frying




No comments:

Post a Comment