Friday, February 27, 2015

Turkey Spinach Meatballs


Do you like meatballs? I do. As a matter of fact,  I *love* meatballs! When they’re moist and tender and loaded with yummy veggies, they are a tantalizing taste to behold. And so versatile…spaghetti and meatballs with my Easy Quick Spaghetti Sauce, Meatball Sub Casserole, Meatball Sub Soup, and much more.

When I make meatballs, I usually make a lot at one time, cook them, then bag in meal size portions and freeze. When supper time comes and I may not have anything planned (why not? am I not a “lady of leisure” at home? Hahaha), I can pull out a bag of meatballs, nuke in the microwave for a few minutes to thaw, and make meatball subs within about 30 minutes.

Yes, I *love* meatballs.

So, let’s get cooking!


Prep your veggies: dice the onion and carrots (small!) and mince the garlic. Place the spinach in a bowl with about ½ c or so water, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 2 or 3 minutes, then chop slightly.


Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. This really is easier done with your hands than with a spoon. Use a 1 oz scoop to portion out evenly, then roll if you’d like. If you don’t have a scoop, just use a spoon and make them to the size you’d like and roll. My sweet daughter Megan loves to help roll the meatballs with me.


Place on a sheet pan, and bake at 350° for about 30 minutes for the 1 oz size; adjust cooking time as needed for larger or smaller meatballs.

We made meatball subs with wheat sub rolls from the thrift bread store. They’re to-die-for tasty, quick, easy, nutritious, and not expensive. Enjoy! ~TMMF

Turkey Spinach Meatballs

1 ½ lb ground turkey
1 md Vidalia onion
3 cloves garlic
2 carrots
5 oz fresh spinach
1 ½ c bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment