Monday, March 2, 2015

Angie's Skillet Baked Beans


Here is the next recipe for my Gourmet…Way Before Payday series. This recipe is from my dear friend Angela Heavener Pike. I added a couple squirts of liquid smoke to this because I love a smoky hickory flavor. The first time I made these, I wasn’t sure my kids would like it, and I was right, they didn’t like it. They LOVED it! I’ve made it several times since, and when my kids hear that I’m making Angie’s Skillet Baked Beans, they get excited and thank me. Yes, they are that good.

This recipe is so easy, quick, and costs under $6.00 to make.

So, let’s get cooking!





                           Dice the onion and green pepper.










In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey and diced veggies.









Add the baked beans and the barbecue sauce, mixing well.








Now add a couple of squirts of the liquid smoke if you’re using it. I really like the flavor it adds.





Heat through over medium heat. I usually like to make some cornbread to go with this dish (recipe here), which my kids also love. Enjoy! ~TMMF



Angie’s Skillet Baked Beans

2  28 oz cans baked beans
1/2 Vidalia onion
1/2 green pepper
12 oz ground turkey
½ c BBQ sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)

Serves 6-8 and cost me $5.73 to make with ground turkey in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment