Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Soup


Chicken Parm, and Soup, and done in a Crock Pot? Oh my! This one came from foxeslovelemons.com, who got it from Naturebox blog. I didn’t change much with this; I did add in diced carrots and some tomato paste, but other than that, I substituted dried herbs for fresh because I didn’t have any fresh. I’m hoping to grow my own this year.

Anyhoo, this soup was delicious and so easy to get it all set up and let the crock pot work its magic while I did other things. One reason I love crock pot meals!

So, let’s get cooking!







Dice the onion and pepper, and mince the garlic.














For the carrots, dice them by cutting into slices about ¼” thick the long way, then cut those into strips, then the cubes.










Now time to assemble it in the Crockus Poticus. That’s the Latin name I’ve given it. ;) Place in the chicken breasts (whole), diced onion, pepper, and carrots, the minced garlic, the tomatoes, and spices.












Add the chicken broth, tomato paste (mix in), and Parmesan cheese. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.












About half an hour before serving, pull out the chicken breasts and set aside to cool on a plate. Shred using two forks.












When you take out the chicken to cool on a plate, turn up the heat to high and add in the uncooked pasta (I used rotini) to cook, stirring a few times during the half hour. Add back in the shredded chicken whenever you’d like.





Serve with a garnish of more parmesan cheese if you’d like. I put a little mozzarella on top, which the kids loved. Enjoy! ~TMMF

                                                                               
                                                                                  Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan Soup


½ Vidalia onion
½ green bell pepper
3 cloves garlic
2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
1 14.5 oz can crushes tomatoes
   (I used diced)
½ 6 oz can tomato paste
4 c chicken broth
½ c grated parmesan cheese
½ tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
4 oz uncooked pasta
 

No comments:

Post a Comment